Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/5/2012
John 4:4 “But He [Jesus] needed to go through Samaria.”
In the previous verse, it explains how Jesus needed to go to Galilee. However, what is surprising here is that He is going through Samaria to get to Galilee. Usually, the Jews would avoid going through Samaria at all costs, but it says here that Jesus NEEDED to go through Samaria. There was a direct purpose in His going through here on the way to Galilee. Nothing that Jesus did was by coincidence or accident. He purposefully made every move in His ministry for a specific reason.
How encouraging this is right now, as I look to the future, I feel as though parts of my life don’t make sense. I can’t see the big picture. I am sure the disciples thought that Jesus was crazy for going through Samaria and had absolutely no idea why He would even choose to go through there. BUT JESUS KNEW exactly what He was doing.
Application: Again, I need to continually depend on God. I may not know what the future holds or why God has allowed and directed me to experience different opportunities in my life. I don’t need to get my hands on it [my future] even though every bone and impulse in my body desires to do so. God please give me strength. I don’t want my fingers on Your plans for my life!
3/6/2012
John 4:6 Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
Wow! Here in this verse, Jesus is weary from a long journey, yet look at where He is positioning His body to rest…in the exact place He knew He was going to minister. He didn’t wait a couple hours in a secluded area to rest and then go to the place He was called to pour out. No, there was no beating around the bush. He went directly to the area He needed to minister as soon as He arrived in Samaria.
This spoke hugely to me. There are days I don’t “feel” like I want to go work or pour out, but each time I do, I am so blessed….emotionally and spiritually through knowing that I am serving the Lord. It is amazing to me how when you give out to God EVEN WHEN YOU ARE TIRED….He gives you strength in the moment to complete all He has for you.
Application: This next week, when I am battling the temptations of looking to self because of physical exhaustion, I will look to the Lord for my strength and remember His amazing example that He demonstrated. Thank you Jesus for coming in the form of human flesh and humbling yourself that you might overcome and show us how to live our lives in the midst of temptations and battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment