Thursday, March 29, 2012

3/30/12
John 5:24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”
I love ending my time here in Costa Rica with this verse because it sums up the Gospel in such a simple and comprehendible way. Anyone who hears the word of God and believes in the Father who sent Jesus will be saved. Shaylene has been reading the book How to Give Away Your Faith. In this book, it challenges the reader to sum up the Gospel in a basic message. I was inspired by this verse because it clearly lays out what one needs to do to be saved. Evangelism really is simply sharing the Good News of freedom in Christ.
Application: As I am on the plane, I am going to commit to talking with at least one other person about the Good News. Even though this seems like a simple step of faith…it is huge for me and I am going to commit to opening up my mouth and proclaiming.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! It was awesome hearing your family talk about Costa Rica and the ministry there! I will be praying for your flight to Montana and your final days in Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete