Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12/5/2012
John 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Oh, how important it is…John was to remember that he was sent to bear witness of the Light. He was solely a messenger and did not have anything in and of Himself that was of importance except Christ in Him and the purpose he was created for.
I think it is especially important as I am serving here in Costa Rica to realize that I am following the perfect example of the Light and without the Light I am nothing. There is nothing in and of myself that is special and stands out but it is Christ that lives in me that gives my life purpose, reason, and meaning. I need to stay humble keeping my eyes on the one who sent me and NOT on myself.

12/6/2011
John 1:9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
John was called to bear witness to the true light….there is a difference. Evil can disguise itself as light but the true light gives off “radiates” light, pureness to every person. I think this is critical to see how “true” is emphasized in this verse. In this world there are many things that can deceive me and I need to constantly be on guard watching out for the evil in this world by staying consistent in the word of God and putting on the armor every day.
This is critical as I am seeking to do the will of God because Satan (the Great Deceiver)  will try to kill, steal, and destroy; yet God is much more powerful and has already overcome. To apply this to my life, I want to ask God for greater discernment and insight into the things of Him and to put on the armor of Christ faithfully before I begin each day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janessa I read your blog and it has been encouraging and refreshing to me! I was especially encouraged by your John 1:8 post, great insight! Keep at!

    In HIS grace,
    Cody

    ReplyDelete