Friday, December 9, 2011

12/6/2011
John 1:9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
John was called to bear witness to the true light….there is a difference. Evil can disguise itself as light but the true light gives off “radiates” light, pureness to every person. I think this is critical to see how “true” is emphasized in this verse. In this world there are many things that can deceive me and I need to constantly be on guard watching out for the evil in this world by staying consistent in the word of God and putting on the armor every day.
This is critical as I am seeking to do the will of God because Satan (the Great Deceiver)  will try to kill, steal, and destroy; yet God is much more powerful and has already overcome. To apply this to my life, I want to ask God for greater discernment and insight into the things of Him and to put on the armor of Christ faithfully before I begin each day.
12/7/2011
John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
How sad it is that the creator of all is so unknown to His creation. This is not due to the choosing of the Creator but rather, as His Creation, we have put relationships with this world over a relationship with Him.
Recently, I have been listening to sermons through Mark and reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Through listening and reading, I am discovering once again how truly deep Christ’s sacrifice was for me that I might receive salvation and have a personal relationship with me. It was painful and Jesus even asked God the Father if there was any other way of redemption for the world that this cup of suffering could pass from Him.
This suffering did not just consist of physical suffering but emotional suffering as well. All the sins of the world were laid upon Jesus Christ. This thought made me ponder about how I feel when I have sinned and the terrible burden it places on my heart … and that is just one sin at a time. As soon as I ask for forgiveness, I am a new creation. However, Christ had all the sins of the entire world placed on Him all at once. This burden is even more significant because Christ is pure and evil is completely opposite of His nature. Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was truly the uttermost action of love He could do for us.
To apply this to my life, I want to continually thank God for His unfathomable sacrifice for me that I might have a relationship with Him. This is not something to take lightly but to meditate on that I might more fully understand the depravity of this sacrifice.  It is there for us all freely, all we have to do is be willing to confess that we believe He did it for us, confess our sins, and turn to walk in His ways. God thank you so much for Your profound sacrifice for me personally and the whole world.
12/8/2011
John 1:11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.             
This verse is somewhat connected with the previous verse (vs. 10) because it talked about Christ’s sacrifice and now vs. 11 refers to our response. God’s sacrifice was needed for restoration with Him and yet we did not receive Him.
This makes me think of all the opportunities that God has given me, yet how many have I missed because I rejected them due to unavailability or inconvenience. This is huge because Christ has specific things in store for me while I am here in Costa Rica, and I don’t want to miss anything He would desire to teach and bless me with through serving Him.
To apply this to my life, I want to be willing and ready to serve and receive the blessing He has in store for me whenever the opportunity arises. I don’t want my selfishness to steal the eternal riches Christ desires for me.
12/9/2011
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in his name.
When we accept God’s free gift of salvation and believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, we are given the right to become children of God. Children of God, this phrase is so comforting to me. Even the best of parents make mistakes but in Christ, we are able to be under the Lordship of the greatest Father, God.
As I am far from my family during this holiday season, I need to meditate on the fact that I am a child of God. No matter where I am on this earth, God the Father is right there beside me giving me a peace and strength beyond understanding. This also make me  think of all the kids here at PFK and their desperate need to know that even if their earthly parents fail, their heavenly Father will never fail them.

No comments:

Post a Comment