Thursday, December 29, 2011

12/28/2011
John 1: 30 This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’
Even though Jesus Christ was revealed in bodily form on this earth, presently as was John speaking, John is aware that Jesus existed before the beginning of time. Talk about incredible faith and communion John had with the Father. Jesus was John’s cousin…human inclinations would want to downplay the reality and possibility of your cousin being the Son of God. Yet, John must have been in deep communication with the Lord to be able to discern this.
To apply this to my life, I want to grow in the knowledge of the things of God. There are many things in this world that my human mind cannot wrap around and yet God knows the truth. However, the only way to receive this insight is to ask.
God, I pray that You would increase my knowledge and discernment into the things of Yourself. Father, You are omniscient and I ask this with a deep desire to know more of You…In your name “Amen”
12/29/2011
John 1:31 “I did not know Him, but that He should be revealed to Israel. Therefore I came baptizing with water.”
At the time when John the Baptist was proclaiming that someone was coming to take away the sins of the world, he did not know who it was. But John the Baptist didn’t just sit around ‘til the Father revealed that to him. Instead, John stayed busy doing what he knew God had commanded him to do…which was to baptize with water.
This spoke largely to me, as I am not sure fully of what my future holds, I need to stay busy at the task at hand. I need to be doing what is before me now…not worrying about the future or just waiting in my mind. I need to stay busy with my hands and heart in the practical: cleaning the church, working with the kids at PFK, or babysitting the McClain’s children.

No comments:

Post a Comment