Saturday, December 31, 2011

12/30/2011
John 1:32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and he remained on him.
Here John the Baptist is sharing what he saw as He baptized Jesus. What strikes me about this picture though is that just like Jesus…I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me. This is a comfort to my soul as I think about how much I need wisdom and strength to live like Jesus Christ demonstrated on this earth. Yes, I am human and thankfully I am saved through faith by grace and by not works. But, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in me. This is such a comfort to my soul.
God, I thank you for your Helper that you have given each one of us who have our name in the Lamb’s Book of Life. I am so eternally grateful for this gift. Lord, please give me continued strength to walk as you walked offering up “myself “ (my desires and plans) to You as I start a new year tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment