Saturday, November 26, 2011

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God….
In the beginning was the word. To me, this is saying that when time began, the Word already existed and God had the Word with Him because it was Him. This struck me in a new way…God’s Word is God’s authority for me. It encourages, exhorts, rebukes, guides, comforts, and gives peace.
I am realizing here on the field that if I do not faithfully keep my time with the Lord I will be dragged down by the cares of this world. To stay strong and pour out, it is vital for me to pour in by reading His Word and meditating on it. Every time that I do spend time with the Lord I am always strengthened. Today, as it is Thanksgiving J, (but every day we should be thankful) I just wanted to write down how thankful I am that the God of the universe gave me His Word to read and be taught by Him. I am so incredibly thankful for the peace and strength that He gives me and the guidance He fills my mind with when I listen and make myself available staying attuned to His voice.
Today, I want to apply this to my life, by having a conscious mindset of thankfulness for ALL that God  has given me but especially for His Word. He is so generous and I am truly grateful.
John 1:2 He was in the beginning with God….
Here in this verse, I believe the “He” could refer to the Bible because it says in the previous verse that the, His Word, is as God himself. “He” could also refer to part of God as either God the Father,  Jesus, or the Holy Spirit. Even though God is all three parts: God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, they are in unity as one God….all at the beginning of time. This comforts me tremendously because even though my finite mind cannot fully grasp this idea of God being three in one, He has the power to do it. He was there in the beginning before time even began.
This is so encouraging to me especially now in my life in Costa Rica….because often I feel helpless trying to  understand what the locals are speaking with my limited knowledge of Spanish. God has the power…and is willing to help me comprehend all that I need to know for the glory of Him. He has the power to help me overcome the language barrier and be a blessing to these people. He has the power to overcome my weaknesses.
I want to apply this verse to my life by remembering that when I get down about not being able to speak the language as fluently as I would like…I need to ask and remember that God has the power and control to give me the strength to persevere and understand.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Janessa T
    On the subject of
    "God is all three parts: God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit";
    I recommend this video:
    The Human Jesus

    Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you in your quest for truth.

    Yours In Messiah
    Adam Pastor

    ReplyDelete