Wednesday, November 30, 2011

1/29/2011
John 1:4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
In God there is life, (vibrancy and joy). This is what people should be attracted to when they see us interacting with our family, friends, and even the cashier. I was struck by something said at the ranch… if someone tells you they like you and would have never guessed you were a Christian that is a HUGE warning sign and wake up call. I knew we were to aim to be like Christ but I never had thought how significantly different we should be that there shouldn’t be any question that we are different. Because we are to be living like Christ, it should be very obvious there is a light about us, a pureness of heart and joy in our countenance.
To apply this to my life, I want to consciously be thinking throughout the day how each of my actions affects how people look at Christ especially these young kids at PFR.
11/30/2011
John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
In this verse, we as believers are to be a light “shining” in the darkness, the world. However, because the world is dark, it will not understand why we love reading God’s Word, why we have values on what comes first in our lives, and why we want to be bondservants instead of demanding our own rights. It is beyond understanding for anything to understand something that is completely opposite of itself. This is exactly why God has to open the eyes of unbelievers that they may see and know the truth.
To apply this to my life, I want to remind myself consistently to have patience and understanding with unbelievers who can’t understand why I value certain things in my life. I need to be like Paul not looking at people in the flesh but in the Spirit and what Christ can do through them. God please help me have Your heart for Your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment