Thursday, December 1, 2011

11/30/2011
John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
In this verse, we as believers are to be a light “shining” in the darkness, the world. However, because the world is dark, it will not understand why we love reading God’s Word, why we have values on what comes first in our lives, and why we want to be bondservants instead of demanding our own rights. It is beyond understanding for anything to understand something that is completely opposite of itself. This is exactly why God has to open the eyes of unbelievers that they may see and know the truth.
To apply this to my life, I want to remind myself consistently to have patience and understanding with unbelievers who can’t understand why I value certain things in my life. I need to be like Paul not looking at people in the flesh but in the Spirit and what Christ can do through them. God please help me have Your heart for Your people.
12/1/2011
John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
This verse really struck me because John was “sent from God”…I know that God has called me here to Costa Rica. God could have directed me in many other avenues that I had searched but instead He lead me here. This gives me a lot of peace to know that there is something specific that God wants to either do in my heart or through me to someone else.
To apply this to my life, I want to be ready and prepared whenever He might call me to do something…being attuned to anything He might ask of me. I live for God and to accomplish His will through His strength, and I want to make wise use of my time here as this is where He has placed me and sent me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment