Saturday, October 1, 2011

9/30/2011
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever. Psalm 23:6
I am so thankful that God’s forgiveness/mercy is there all the days of my life. This made me think back to the times of the Israelites where they would make daily sacrifices to atone for their sins. However, it is so simple for me. All I have to do is come to Christ with a humble heart yet once again and ask Him to provide that atonement. I am so thankful that God always provides a way out; He never just leaves me hanging.
The second part of the verse really ministered to me as well…”and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Up until about a week ago, I was not truly excited for this time of eternity. Yes, I knew that it would be so much better than living in this world BUT there were so many things I still wanted to accomplish here on this earth. About a week ago, we were studying escatology and what it will look like in the end days. God will create a new heaven and a new earth were we will rule and reign with Him forever. How glorious to think that everything on this earth is truly just a shadow of what God has in mind for us. He has more majestic things in store for us that we cannot even dream up. This made me so excited and now I am in eager anticipation for that time.
I want to apply this to my life by continually reminding myself when I feel caught up in the things I want to accomplish here on this earth that I have a greater reward just waiting. I need to be patient; but if I wait and commit my life to this one goal, my life will be spent in the best way possible.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I think or talk about the New Jerusalem I get giddy myself. It's exciting to think that the Lord has so much more for us.

    Great Post my friend,

    ReplyDelete