Thursday, September 29, 2011

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil. My Cup runs over, Psalm 23:5               
How true this is that when I am going through the midst of a trial, God is always faithful to meet me. I can think of several specific times in my life where my time with the Lord was truly what was giving me strength to endure.
The phrase “my cup overflows” caught my attention. Some might say how can you be filled with the Lord if your surroundings look so discouraging? Yes, I might feel discouraged when things around me look bleak but my soul is filled with the Lord’s strength because He knows exactly what I am going through.
I want to apply this to my life today by writing down some of these specific times of my life where He has filled my cup to overflowing despite what surrounded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment