Thursday, October 20, 2011

10/20/2011
Matthew 11:6 “And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”
At first, this verse can come across quite shocking. Why would I ever be offended because of God? However, this made me think back to the time when my mom’s dear friend (who was very much like an aunt to me) died about five years ago to breast cancer. I remember being angry that God had allowed this to happen. I think that this is what God is talking about when He says not to be offended because of Him. I should not be offended because of the things that God allows to happen in my life.
 This last week my eyes were opened up to the fact that there is not a straight line from Jesus’ thoughts of me to my circumstances. So often, I can interpret when things are not going well in my life that God is not happy with me. No, in these situations I need to reflect back to the cross because Christ showed His ultimate love towards me though this sacrifice of His son for me. This demonstration of love indicates His feelings for me.
I want to apply this to my life that when I catch myself thinking more self-centered and caught up in my circumstances, I need to look back at the cross. I need to be filtering all my circumstances through the greatest act of God’s sacrificial love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment