Monday, October 24, 2011

Luke 17:7 “And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat’?”
Here this verse is describing the life of a true servant; constantly putting others others needs before their own. As Christians, we are called to be bondservants to the Lord Jesus Christ constantly serving unto Jesus freely out of our gratitude for what He has done for us.
This verse made me think of the PFR staff here. They are constantly serving whether that is physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Their serving doesn’t begin or end at a certain time but is continual. When the Lord opens an opportunity for them, they dive in and serve whether that is on their day off or during a meal time, it’s continuous.
To apply this to my life, I want to start to look for practical ways to help serve because where there is unity, there is strength. Today, I will start observing noticing those needs around me; Lord please give me Your eyes so I can see the needs around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment