Saturday, October 15, 2011

10/11/11
For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Galatians 6:3
How often have I thought throughout life that I was or did something better than the person next to me? I hate to admit it….but it is true. There are many times in my life that I have thought of myself higher than I ought. Too often, I focus on comparing myself with those around me in life instead of comparing myself with the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus came to this earth in human form and was perfection in all He did. I am so far away from this standard, for Christ not only fulfilled His actions but also His thoughts according to God’s standards.
Application:
The next time I am starting to judge someone or compare myself to them, I want to stop and evaluate how my actions compare to Jesus because He is the only one I should be striving to be like and comparing my life towards.
10/12/11
But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. Galatians 6:4
This verse made me think of the many times that I have been convicted in an area of my life and tried to make steps to follow in obedience to what God was telling me. Often, what seems like a big step to me seems insignificant when I look at those around me.
Application:
I need to work on examining only what God is calling me to do instead of comparing myself to what others are doing. Instead of looking at what they are either strong or weak in, their gifts, their abilities, my goal should be, God, search my heart instead of looking at those around me.
10/12/11
Galatians 6:5 For each one shall bear his own load.
This verse is referring to responsibility and how I need to take ownership in all areas of my life. Last Friday, Pastor G talked about responsibility and how the choices we make today will affect what we are tomorrow. I need to start taking responsibility where I either lack discipline, self-control, faith, etc. It can be anything. For example, if I am tired all the time, I shouldn’t blame my schedule but rather see if I have a lack of discipline when I go to bed. ….Or when I say I am not a good writer I should ask myself, “Well, are you doing something about it or are you blaming what you can’t do on ‘that’s just how I am.’” True, God does give us all different gifts and talents but am I doing anything to improve the areas I am not good at or struggle in to improve?
Application:
I will commit to getting up at six every school day morning for the next week because lately I have been lacking in getting up early and need to “improve” this area of my life again.
10/13/11
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
The phrase “do not be deceived” caught my attention because so often I read over this verse and do not take it fully to heart as if it will actually happen. Often when I do something bad or good, I don’t think that they have strong lasting affects as they really do.
 I want to take this to heart and the next time I have an opportunity to make the right or wrong decision, I want to remember that all I do, I will reap the consequences…whether good or bad. God is not to be mocked and I need to work on taking this verse seriously to heart.
10/14/11
Galatians 6:8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
This verse made me think of the Israelites when they did not believe God would deliver them into the Promise Land. As a result of the Israelites’ disobedience, they ended up wandering in the desert for the next 40 years. The consequences of our choices will multiply. This made me think of the critical time I am in my life right now. I am starting to make decisions now that will affect the rest of my life and the consequences of what I do will be multiplied.
I want to apply this to my life by asking God especially at this time of life to reveal the truth of what He desires for my life. There are so many good opportunities for me to do and accomplish but I want to do what God’s best is for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment