Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/2011
So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.” Luke 17:6
Here I think it is amazing how Jesus gives us such hope of what just a tiny bit of faith can do. As a mere human, I am often swayed by what I see. For example, if a classmate were to tell me I had two weeks to do my Chemistry homework instead of one I would probably doubt it until I actually saw the schedule myself.  Often, I will ask God multiple times for proof or a sign that I am making the right decision; He is so gracious and patient with me.
I pictured a tree being uprooted and being planted in the sea and how amazing that would be. Plant it in the sea?...that seems like an impossible task in itself, yet God says it is possible if I have faith as small as a mustard seed. Obviously, I would not go out and command a tree to do that because that would be testing the Lord, but it gives me the confidence to ask for things that I believe to be a part of His plan for my life or the life of others.
I want to ask God for bigger and more specific things for Him to reveal and teach me as I am at Potter’s Field. I think it is very interesting that Jesus even spoke of a specific type of tree. He is God of details and it is very important that I am specific in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment