Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2/15/2012
John 3:15-16 “that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
These verses are so well known throughout the world among believers and non-believers which is good, but they are not to be taken lightly. This last Monday night, I led a devotion for the PFK girls’ sleepover about the love of God that He demonstrated on the cross. As I was thinking through this devotion, I was amazed yet again of Christ’s infinite love that He demonstrated for me. Oh, how I never want to take this too lightly.
I can hardly believe at times that God wants to spend eternity with me because He loves being with me….even when I constantly let Him down and have every reason to be deserving of hell. God wanted to provide a way of redemption which was only possible through the blood of Jesus Christ and not anything in and of myself. Even though this was the hardest sacrifice God would have to make, He did it because He loves us so much.
Why would God love me, Janessa, who constantly falls short failing to do what He asks of me? …again, I hear it from the heart of Jesus…because I love you. God loves us! To apply this to my life, I want to treat others and myself accordingly…whether they are believers or not because His offer of redemption is for all, it should be shown to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment