Friday, January 6, 2012

1/6/2011
John 1:39 “He [Jesus] said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).
“Come and see”, Jesus says to these disciples. To me, this is the key ingredient for discipleship…come and observe. Learn watching. This is a key tool to have in life because Paul said that as Believers in Christ, we are to constantly be pouring into someone while also being poured out to someone else.
Application:
Here in Costa Rica, there are some women that I really admire and desire to learn from them. I need to take action, to go and observe them in…ministry, among their kids, etc. At the same time, there are a group of girls at the youth group who are younger in the faith that God has given me an opportunity to pour into. As I see that need, I should be more proactive in inviting these girls over to go do things with me, Karlee, and Shaylene…whether that is in our home, making cookies for the church, or going to the beach. I need to be proactively searching out opportunities to learn as well as making myself available for these girls to come and be a part of our lives if they desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment