Thursday, January 5, 2012

1/5/2011
John 1:38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?” They said to him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”
I love how even though Jesus is all-knowing, He still asks them what their intention was….He desires for us to communicate our motives, thoughts, and desires. God is so much higher above me than I can ever hope to understand or fathom but He still cares about me vocalizing my thoughts to Him. I love how praying is solely communicating with God….
Application: This week, when appropriate, (as I am living with other peopleJ), I am going to vocalize my prayers out loud to Him instead of just saying them in my heart or writing them in my journal. All these are excellent ways to have communion with God but I will be more aware of speaking out loud to the Lord as I am praying when I am alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment