Thursday, December 15, 2011

12/15/2011
John 1:16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
In the previous verse, John the Baptist was proclaiming the majesty of God. Now John, Jesus’ disciple, is describing the fullness, completeness we have in Christ. “Grace for grace”….I am so thankful for Christ’s grace because as the majesty of the Lord is revealed through the scriptures, it is very daunting to think about facing the all the all-powerful and knowing God without it. If there was no grace we would be condemned to die, but Christ provided another way through grace. I just learned this acronym from Brooke at discipleship which is God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense. God’s riches, eternal life, at Christ’s expense…it was an expense to Christ but a free gift to us costing us nothing. As a result, this grace gives us peace in Jesus Christ.
God, thank you so much for your abundant grace that I do not deserve and that you do not base your gift off of who I am but on who You are. I am so thankful that Your love was so deep for me and the world that You were willing to provide this atonement. I pray that I would rest in your peace today because of Your grace and sharing this with the kids at Bible club tonight through my actions and countenance. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment