Saturday, August 13, 2011

8/12/2011
So he went out and followed him, and did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. Acts 12:9
Peter is in utter amazement that the angel is rescuing him from what he thought was his death sentence just a few moments before. I am astounded that even after the angel struck him and raised him up (verse 7), Peter was still in unbelief thinking that it was a vision. Why did Peter not believe his deliverance was real?
How often does something seem too good to be true and I react in disbelief? When I ask God for great things am I having the faith to expect Him to be able to do it?
 I want to apply this to my life by continually asking the Lord for His faith to expect as well as ask for the impossible. God can answer yes or no but I want to have the faith for whatever He chooses, for God’s answer will be the best for my life and the glorification of the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment