Friday, March 16, 2012

3/16/2012
John 4: 20-22 “Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship. Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know, we know what we worship for salvation is of the Jews.”
Here Jesus is giving this woman a glimpse into the future worship of God which gives no regard to place or time. Worship would no longer be about fulfilling rituals and doing what they had always done generationally. It would solely be focused on the ONE they worship.
It’s interesting to me that Jesus said, “You worship what you do not know”.  When we are caught up in the rituals and getting everything “just so” it is easy to lose the whole purpose of Jesus Christ. This spoke volumes to me especially as I am starting to help out with worship more. It is not so much that the worship group sings on key or that the drums are perfect. No, it is all about Senor de Senores, Lord of Lords, and that is what people should see and experience when they enter into worship.
Application: As I lead worship God, please help me to give an example of praise that is only about You and not myself. God, I desire everything I do to bring praise and glory to you. Next time that I am helping lead worship, I will try to consciously be making Jesus the center of the worship instead of getting the key just right or adding fancy footwork in a song.
3/15/2012
John 4:16-18 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.” The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ “for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”
Here Jesus knows exactly what to ask to gently correct this woman without bringing condemnation on her.  Many times it seems that the Lord asks us difficult questions in which we have a choice to be honest or not, yet whether or not we admit the truth, He knows all. This gives me such reassurance that when I mess up and have to come back for the Father’s forgiveness, He already knows all that I have done. He is just looking for a repentant and honest heart that is soft and yielded to Him.
Application: I am going to continue to be open and honest with the Lord being consciously aware to always go to Him with all that is happening in my life. I desire to be open in everything. Thank you God, that you are full of grace and mercy for me. Amen.
3/14/2012
John 4:15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
This verse reveals this woman’s desperate need for her physical need of water, yet how much more did she need the living water of Jesus Christ. Every person in this world has the same desperate need of the spirit of God. I am reminded how many times I have backed away from sharing the true living water of Jesus with someone either because I have thought the other person was “too cool” or “wouldn’t listen” doubting that they would see their need for Jesus Christ. However, I am reminded that it doesn’t matter if they recognize it or not, EVERYONE has this need. And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? (Romans 10:14)
Application: The next time an opportunity arises to share the living water of Jesus and I allow thoughts of fear to come into my heart; I will meditate on this story and go ahead boldly. Every day I see my need for Jesus Christ more and more. Therefore, I should share Jesus because everyone has this hole in their life before they allow Jesus to fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment