Friday, September 23, 2011

Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
When I read this verse, I thought, definitely, God’s ways are higher in purity, goodness, and holiness than my ways (the world’s ways) and His thoughts over my thoughts. But then I started to prod deeper. Do I really honestly believe this in the deepest parts of my heart? Do I truly believe what God says about who I am over what the world says I need to do or be? Do I believe education or knowledge is more important than knowing all the inmost parts of God’s Word?
 I don’t want to take this lightly, but I want God to search those inward parts of my heart and see if there be any wicked way in me. (Psalm 139:23)
9/23/2011
 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
What a wonderful promise to rest in; when God speaks it always accomplishes what He pleases. He is omnipotent. What joy this gives me that when I sense the Lord telling me something in my heart to share with someone else, it will accomplish what He desires for it to accomplish. Sometimes I share what I feel the Lord is telling me and I feel discouraged because I can’t see how the Lord is working on their heart through what I said. However, just as it says in verse 8 that God’s thoughts are not my thoughts; He can see the person’s heart I cannot. My responsibility lies in being obedient to speak what God is telling me.
I want to work on trusting to obey when God speaks to me even when I don’t see the results I was expecting immediately. I want to also be continually faithful in my devotional times with Him that I might hear even more clearly that still small voice of the Holy Spirit directing me throughout my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment